After you’ve written a complete LinkedIn profile, implement these tactics to keep your name in front of colleagues and recruiters.
- Make an effort to “like,” comment, share, or create your own LinkedIn content once a week. Peak LinkedIn traffic occurs Tues, Wed, & Thurs between 9-11 a.m.
- Update your status at least once a week with a quote, a link to an industry article, or original content.
- Add as many relevant connections as you can – and make sure you know them personally. A general standard is: don’t add a person unless you can vouch for her / him and vice versa.
- Ask people in your field to endorse you for particular skills or write a short recommendation. Current and former colleagues / clients are best.
- Endorse and write recommendations for people you respect and for whom you would provide a professional reference.